Entrepreneurial culture, managerial competence, information technology in business.
The Foundation ”Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development – CEED ROMANIA”, and the company MBM Software &Partners SRL implemented the project “Entrepreneur in the Third Millennium”, co-financed by the European Social Found through the Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007-2013.
The project ran from July 2010 until April 2013 and had the overall objective of developing entrepreneurship, management skills and skills in information technology for Romanian entrepreneurs, in view to foster the establishment and development of new companies and job creation.
To achieve the overall objective, the project was developed around specific goals:
- Development of the entrepreneurial culture in Romania by promoting a positive attitude towards entrepreneurship and dissemination of practical information on opportunities to use ICT in business;
- Improving entrepreneurial and managerial skills by introducing modern ICT tools to support start-up of new business initiatives and development of existing businesses;
- Supporting new businesses, improving quality and productivity of their work through free access to the “Virtual SME Demonstrator”, a software that includes conceptual and technological cutting edge ICT models;
- Supporting people with disabilities through training in entrepreneurship, business management, project management and the introduction of new technologies.
The project team has developed a comprehensive package of services offered free of charge to a target group of over 1150 people in urban communities, managers, employees, people who want to start their own business, entrepreneurs who want to improve their ability to use the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in business.
Created on values related to the timeliness and professionalism in European business, the free package of services of “Entrepreneur in the Third Millennium” was centered on:
- Entrepreneurship training focused on business start-up and development: steps, requirements, laws concerning the establishment and development of a company, ways of obtaining funds for development, the use of ICT for business, effective management of business. Specially designed practical modules were designed to contribute to effective understanding of the mechanisms of running a business and the application of knowledge in daily work. The package included the ANC certified courses for business management and project management.
- Management training seminars in an interactive format, accentuated by the access to the software platform and practical demonstrations of use of the software tools provided by the project. Modern concepts were presented too, such as SaaS (Software as a Service) or Cloud Computing and examples of modern tools for managing a business illustrating these concepts.
- Access to the Virtual Office for Entrepreneurial Development – an electronic platform that allowed the target group to consult information resources on fields of expertise relevant to the business community and contribute to its continued development (www.e-birouvirtual.ro).
- Access to the Virtual SME Demonstrator – modern instrument offering an experimental environment for implementation and testing of management systems such as customer relationship management and problem management (www.immvirtual.ro).
- Online consulting services provided by a team of specialists in business management and information technology, that shared best practices and the knowledge gained in over 10 years of experience, aggregating them into a package of dedicated consultancy, and taking questions from those interested to turn them into solutions.
SUMMARY OF RESULTS
- During the project there were trained over 800 beneficiaries who improved their skills needed for starting a business, business management and project management, use of ICT in business. Of these, 95 received ANC certificates in business management or project management, and 28 have launched up their own business.
- Entrepreneurial training courses were held in all the 8 development regions of Romania in the following 19 cities: Braila, Galati, Targoviste, Constanta, Suceava, Drobeta Turnu Severin, Piatra Neamt, Iasi, Bacau, Pitesti, Deva, Timisoara, Arad , Oradea, Cluj Napoca, Brasov, Targu Mures, Sibiu and Bucharest. These courses were attended by 391 clients.
- Management training seminars focusing on business ICT services were held in 36 cities as follows: Braila, Galati, Buzau, Ploiesti, Focsani, Targoviste, Slobozia, Calarasi, Tulcea, Alexandria, Giurgiu, Constanta forthe , Targu Jiu, Craiova, Suceava, Botosani, Drobeta Turnu Severin, Piatra Neamt, Iasi, Bacau, Pitesti, Vaslui, Resita, Timisoara, Arad, Zalau, Oradea, Satu Mare, Baia Mare, Bistrita, Cluj Napoca, Brasov, Sibiu, Miercurea Ciuc and Bucharest. The 652 participants in the seminars have shown a keen interest on the novelty and applicability of the topics presented.
- The impact of the project has been significantly boosted through electronic platforms that we developed. Thus, approximately 350 beneficiaries were assisted for free via the Virtual SME Demonstrator, more than 750 beneficiaries were assisted with the Virtual Office for Entrepreneurial Development, and of these, approximately 370 have downloaded materials developed during the project and posted on the Virtual Office on topics of interest for business creation and use of ICT in business management.
- Over 4,000 beneficiaries have increased awareness and information on the benefits and opportunities offered by ICT in launching and management of a business, through the information campaign: Email (2365 people), telephone (200 persons), electronic platform (1217 people), awareness events (185).
- Since the launch of the project website, www.im3.ro (October 2010), it recorded an estimated number of 24,291 unique visitors, that have viewed 674,989 pages.
For additional information please contact: Cristina Mănescu, project manager and executive director of CEED Romania, Email: cristina.manescu@CEED-romania.org, tel / fax: 021 313 4292 or junior monitoring expert Mariana Dita, SC MBM Software & Partners Ltd, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.