The National Union of Road Carriers from Romania (UNTRR) and the Foundation “Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development (CEED Romania) announce the launch of the project “Adaptability to increase the competitiveness of road transport in Romania”, co-financed by the European Social Fund through the Sectoral Operational Program Human Resources Development 2007 -2013.
The project started on June 1st, 2010 and will run for 24 months, addressing the workers and companies in the road transport sector in six developing regions of Romania: West, Northwest, Northeast, Central, Southern and Bucharest-Ilfov. Its overall objective is to increase the adaptability and competitiveness by improving human and organizational capacity in the road transport sector, actively promoting at the same time, equal opportunities principles, improving existing mentalities and developing new attitudes in accordance with standards and best practices.
The project aims to:
- Raise awareness of the social partners, companies and workers in the road transport sector of the need to increase adaptability, organizational flexibility for employment and operation;
- Improve, through training and technical assistance support services, the management skills of managers of firms to introduce new technologies, modern organizational solutions and good practices to increase productivity and promote sustainable development;
- Growth, through theoretical and practical training, of skills of employees according to performance and safety standards and requirements of specific national and European legislation;
- Creation of a national body of experts to ensure continuous dissemination of knowledge and best practices to increase the adaptability of workers in the road transport sector;
- Strengthening the capacity of developing partnerships between all the stakeholders in the sector to identify, promote and accelerate the implementation of the best models of increasing adaptability.
At the end of the project, 1,000 owners / managers / workers / social partners in road transport will increase awareness about the need to increase the adaptability / flexicurity, 300 members of the target group will be informed of the best European practices and adaptability modern organizational solutions in terms of eco-efficiency and sustainable development, 150 managers improve their management skills, introducing new technologies, modern organizational solutions and good practices, and 320 employees will gain enhanced powers in accordance with the performance standards and security requirements national and European legislation. The project will form a body of 30 national experts to ensure continuous dissemination and after project completion, knowledge and best practices in increasing adaptability of workers and firms and develop recommendations for adapting the Romanian legislation on specific European road transport sector.
For more details, contact: Ioana CIORZAN, Communication and Information expert, the National Union of Road Carriers from Romania, email: Ioana.Ciorzan@untrr.ro.